The mission of TEDxJacksonville is to be a catalyst for positive change, opening minds with inspiring ideas.
Our goal is to present talks on issues that matter to our community and to spark a real dialogue about how to make a difference.
If you have an idea that is clear, concise, compelling, original and relevant, we want to hear about it! We have a dedicated committee that reviews all speaker applications, and because we want yours to shine, we’ve developed guidelines about what does (and doesn’t) work on the TEDxJacksonville stage.
This year’s conference will take place Saturday, October 14th. Speaker applications will open March 31st. The deadline for submitting a speaker application is June 30th.
We are eager to consider ideas that:
- Are radically new
- Showcase fresh approaches to enduring problems
- Challenge our conceptions about what’s possible
- Expose us to cutting-edge research, technology or design
- Energetically redefine the human experience
We reject ideas that are:
- Vague or underdeveloped
- Based on pseudoscience rather than quantifiable and specific data
- Purely personal or motivational in nature
- Already ubiquitious
- Solely about overcoming adversity or obstacles
- Motivated by or seek to promote corporate, political, or religious agendas
- Presentations will be between 5 and 15 minutes in length, with final length determined by the TEDxJacksonville coaching team.
- Presenters may not be paid for their talk.
- No podium.
- All presentations will be video recorded and uploaded to the TEDx YouTube channel for global viewing.
- Presenters should plan on being present throughout the TEDxJacksonville event; our audience wants to meet you and ask questions.
- Presenters must have copyright ownership of any images or video included in their talk. If you use an image under a Creative Commons license, cite the source at the bottom of the slide.
Tips for completing your application
- Be sure to answer all required questions and digitally sign your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Because the system we use for our applications does not have a Save & Resume feature, we recommend filling out the application in whichever word processor you prefer, and then pasting your answers into our online application so that it can be completed in one sitting.
- The full application can be found here: 2023 Application to be a speaker at TEDxJacksonville
Thank you again for your interest in TEDxJacksonville!
Though we consider each application carefully, please note that fewer than 20% of applicants are contacted for interviews.