The mission of TEDxJacksonville is to be a catalyst for positive change, opening minds with inspiring ideas. Our goal is to present talks on issues that matter to our community–free from corporate, political and religious agendas–and to spark a real dialogue about how to make a difference.
This year’s conference will take place Saturday, October 14th, 2017. To be considered as a possible speaker, please complete the application below. (Applications will be accepted beginning March 1st. If you want to know what questions are on the application, but aren’t ready to answer them, you can view the application here.) After successfully completing your application, you will receive an email with additional information about the selection process.
Ideal candidates will have a message that is clear, concise, compelling, original and relevant. We look for talks that showcase fresh approaches to enduring problems, challenge our conceptions about what’s possible, expose us to cutting-edge research, technology or design, and energetically redefine the human experience. Many of the applications we receive are lectures, personal stories and motivational talks. While meaningful, these types of talks differ from our focus and are unlikely to be chosen for the TEDxJacksonville stage.
The application deadline is June 30th, and speaker selections will be made by July 15th. Finalists will be contacted for an exploratory interview.
• Presentations will be between 5 and 15 minutes in length, with final length determined by the TEDxJacksonville coaching team.
• Presenters may not be paid for their talk.
• No podium.
• All talks will be video recorded and uploaded to the TED YouTube channel for global viewing.
• Presenters should plan on being present throughout the TEDxJacksonville event; our audience wants to meet you and ask questions.
• Presenters must have copyright ownership of any images or video included in their talk. If you use an image under a Creative Commons license, cite the source at the bottom of the slide.
Thank you again for your interest in TEDxJacksonville!
Though we consider each application carefully, please note that fewer than 20% of applicants are contacted for interviews.